MassageWorks for the older Adults
MassageWorks...a caring presence...reinforced by touch...relief from loneliness and isolation...to promote well being. For those who have touched so many in their lives, who now deserve to be the recipients of healing touch, this is one way families of the Older Adult can give back the circle of love and support at this time of their lives.
Compasionate Touch Is...
- Competent andTherapeutic
- Improvement of bodily functions
- Stimulates muscles, vascular and glandular activities of the body.
- Stress reduction and relaxation
- Greater joint flexibility and range of motion
- Improves immune system
- Improves circulation of both blood and lymph fluids
- Reduction of pain
- Deeper and easier breathing
- Prevention of skin problems
- Increases mobility
- Eases muscle stiffness and pain for arthritis sufferers.
- Alleviating depression
- Experience of being nurtured and cared for
- Relieving isolation
- Renews vitality
- Feeling of well being
- Enhances self image
- Emotional support
- Reduces levels of anxiety
- Reduces stresses and fear
- Reduces agitation in Alzheimer patients
- Relaxes state of alertness
- Increases capacity for clearer thinking
FOR THE MODEST OLDER ADULT may we suggest Reflexology: A hand and foot massage which may be preferred over full body treatment.